About the Role
The role is a broad and challenging one, with a variety of different responsibilities. This role is a full-time position based in Robina
with the opportunity to undertake further technical studies and specialisations. This position would be well suited to an enthusiastic and
self-motivated individual who wants to further their career in the accounting profession.
The role is a diverse, broad and challenging one, with a variety of different responsibilities. Primarily you will report to a Senior
Manager and will be responsible for the management of your own portfolio of clientele. You will have the opportunity to liaise and work
with clients directly (under supervision and mentoring as required).
Job description and responsibilities
- Able to prepare individual income tax returns and BAS with a high level of accuracy and autonomy.
- Able to competently prepare special purpose financial reports and income tax returns for businesses and individuals.
Prepare, record and maintain accounting records, tax returns, financial reporting documents, or other financial reports to maintain
accuracy, completeness, and conformance to internal QA procedures.
- Provide advice to clients in relation to cloud-based accounting solutions including add on products.
- Management of cloud-based client files in Xero, Intuit and MYOB and on-boarding and set up of new clients.
- Meeting with clients on and off site.
- Management of personal workflow, budgets and KPIs.
Benefits and perks
Competitive remuneration package with performance-based incentives. Great collaborative environment working with a team of proactive
accountants and support staff. We enjoy regular social activities and offsite engagements. Our office has great onsite parking and easy
We offer study support for CPA/CA candidates and we encourage specialisation.
Skills and Experience
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Public Practice Accounting.
- High level of competency with XPM, Xero and MYOB and associated add on products essential.
- Experience with excel, word and Outlook essential.
- Degree qualified.
- Experience with BGL 360 & Now Infinity preferred but not essential.
- Experience with Hubdoc preferred but not essential.
- Practice Ignition preferred but not essential.
- Completed or undertaking CA/CPA preferred but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Confidence to meet with clients without supervision and providing advice as required.
- Ability to resolve problems independently and able to work autonomously.
- Positive and collaborative attitude.
- High level of attention to detail essential.
If you think you are the ideal person for this role, click "Apply Now" below and attach your cover letter and resume.